[Release Planning 3.6] 3.6.0rc2/3.6.0 on June 7

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Mon May 30 12:51:16 MDT 2011

Hi list,

tomorrow will be the formal freeze date for v3-6-test.
The following blockers currently exist:

- https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8175
  smbd deadlock
  (Patch available)

- https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8166
  winbind offline logon locks out users on bad password attempts
  (Patch available, but not reviewed)

- https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8024
  Documentation on new "ncalrpc dir" parameter is missing

- https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8058
  Documentation on rewritten idmapping

Is there a chance, to address these bugs tomorrow or on Wednesday?

Furthermore, we need to decide if we will ship another rc or the
final version on June 7 (if we can stick to the schedule). 



Samba			http://www.samba.org
SerNet			http://www.sernet.de
sambaXP			http://www.sambaxp.org

More information about the samba-technical mailing list