samba4 compile error

Martin Hochreiter linuxbox at wavenet.at
Mon May 30 06:48:40 MDT 2011

> I am working to make this more reliable.  We have issues with the
> internal dependency tree in the source3 parts of the tree.
>
> I have a patch in autobuild that starts to untangle this mess, adding
> for example a dep from samba3core to our loadparm code.
>
> The issue is that we cannot yet fully specify the dependencies as we
> have loops - so we allow undefined systmols, and hope it all works out
> (it doesn't sometimes).
>
> Additionally this seems to interact poorly with the --as-needed linker
> option.  We added this to help ensure we always compile on gentoo (they
> set this by default), but during this interim stage of integrating the
> source3 waf build, it may be harming us on more common platforms.
>
> Andrew Bartlett
Thank you Andrew!

I took the tarball (15) and with that source samba is compiling.
- now the "but" :)
But can you give me a hint why ldbedit or ldbsearch always complains
about that?

ldb: unable to dlopen /usr/local/samba/modules/ldb/dirsync.so :
/usr/local/samba/lib/samba/libldbsamba.so: version
`SAMBA_4.0.0ALPHA16_GIT_A4D0362' not found (required by
/usr/local/samba/modules/ldb/dirsync.so