[PATCH] s4:librpc/ndr: add new LIBNDR_FLAG_STR_RAW8 for ndr_pull_string

Sean Finney seanius at seanius.net
Thu May 26 07:42:32 MDT 2011

Ok, took a bit longer than expected, largely because I also took a
stab at getting some tests in for this.  Note that I'm hardly familiar
with samba, let alone the torture suite, so I might have duplicated
some existing tests or otherwise done something not entirely correct :)

I've tested the updated patches with the openchangeclient binary (-F
to dump an entire inbox, which gives a nice sample corpus for testing),
and over several thousand messages there is only one byte difference
compared to the previous openchange/ndr code, in the name of a single
attachment file.  I attribute this to something that needs to be fixed
on the openchange/libmapi side.


On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 07:55:19AM +0200, Sean Finney wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 07:03:30AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > This would seem to be exactly what we need.  
> > 
> > However, as you have changed the potential size that ndr_string objects
> > can be, you also need to update ndr_size_string_array().
> > (ndr_size_string() appears incorrect, unused, and can be removed rather
> > than fixed).
> Great!  Will re-roll the patch this afternoon then.  If I'm doing some
> cleanup I might also take a stab at simplifying the logic/LoC of 
> ndr_pull_string--but I'll make sure to keep those seperate from the
> main patch if I do that.
> 	sean

More information about the samba-technical mailing list