[GSoC] Hi from Martin Kunev

Martin Kunev martinkunev at gmail.com
Fri May 20 15:48:51 MDT 2011

Hi Samba team

My name is Martin Kunev and I'm 21 years old. I am a Computer sciences student at the Sofia university.

This year I'm going to participate in the Samba project as part of the Google Summer of Code program. I enjoy programming and I always wanted to be part of a big open source project. I've used Samba a lot and I like it. Most of my experience is in writing client-server applications and web administration panels.

The project I'll be working on is "Make SWAT for Samba3 pretty". My idea is to create a server and web-based interface that will be separated. They will use a clean and well-documented protocol for communication. This will allow for third party applications to use the same server and will ease maintainability. It will also make it easy to add new features to the server.

Thank you for letting me be part of this project. I'm looking forward to working with the Samba team this summer.