TKEY unacceptable

Matthieu Patou mat at matws.net
Sat May 21 15:56:47 MDT 2011

Hello Andrews,

I faced the message dns_tkey_negotiategss: TKEY is unacceptable and
after searching trying some stuff without success and wishing kai had
finished a complete and simple DNS server I started to look at the traces.

I found that my client (actually a second DNS server) was requesting a
SPN for DNS/lenny.sub.home.matws.net when the instruction in named.txt
in the provision folder told me to have tkey-gssapi-credential
DNS/sub.home.matws.net.

I think that's the reason of the problem because as soon as I changed to
DNS/lenny.sub.home.matws.net it started to work !

See the trace between the "client DC" (172.16.100.1) and the "DNS DC"
(172.16.101.3).

Matthieu