samldb_user_account_control_change

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Thu May 19 07:32:09 MDT 2011

Hello Mathias,

I faced some strange behavior with net setpassword and I'm pretty sure
that's it's linked to samldb_user_account_control_change.

Are you sure that this function should be called on modify ? At least
I'm sure that primaryGroupID should not be set.

I made a try with a user with primaryGroupID set to 513, I locked the
user, when I unlock the user, Windows XP sends to a W2k8R2 DC a modify
on userAccountControl but this didn't imply modifying the primaryGroupID.

I have the feeling that the group calculation should be done only on add
not on modify.

So I pushed 2 patches here:

http://git.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/miscsamdb

Matthieu.