[Samba] regpatch writing to local registry hive with -F not working (registery-utils 4.0.0~alpha15~git20110124.dfsg1-2ubuntu1)

denis.bonnenfant denis.bonnenfant at diderot.org
Thu May 19 01:08:27 MDT 2011

Wilco Baan Hofman a écrit :
> On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 16:01 +0200, denis bonnenfant wrote:

>> My patch adds a -K option to regpatch for specifying the predef key
>> where -F registry should be mounted. I will submit it for review soon,
>> I'm currently experimenting a little bit, and there are still some bugs
>> in .reg parsing

In fact it doesn't make sense to mount regf files to anything but HKCU ,
so -K option is not necessary, and HKCU can be hardcoded as mountpoint
for files specified by -F option.

> I use this quite a bit and I'm aware of two bugs, which is not directly
> related to the parsing, but that on windows unicode is implicit for
> certain data types even when the data is given in binary format, it's
> still converted. The other 'bug' is that unicode .reg files are not yet
> supported. I'd be very interested to know what other bugs there are.

I found some problems with value deletion, sometimes values are not
deleted, reg_expand_sz data not correctly saved,  but i'm not sure that
the problem is in parsing. I'm going to experiment a little bit more.

Denis