strcasecmp_m() in source3

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed May 18 11:25:26 MDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 12:53:04AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> We discussed my proposal to move the source3 code to always using the
> codepoints base strcasecmp_m() code (which never allocates, and has an
> ASCII fast path).  Attached are two patches that do that.
>
> What do you think?
>
> If you want more tests, I am looking to revive the currently unsued
> comfychair based python tests for this code, but the strcasecmp_m
> function is already the basis for the source4 code, has tests, and is
> well tested in that use.
> Andrew Bartlett

I was planning to review this, but I guess you couldn't wait :-(.

Next time give me a heads up before you just push something please.

I know I have a lot of other stuff going on but would have liked to know
you were planning to push. If I don't have time I won't block you from
pushing anyway, but it's polite to keep a requested reviewer in the
loop.

If I didn't care about this change, I wouldn't have asked to be a
reviewer.

Jeremy.

PS. Now I *have* reviewed it (after you pushed :-) it looks like
a good change and thanks for doing it.