samba4 won't compile on FreeBSD 8.2/amd64

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Wed May 18 04:57:19 MDT 2011

Hello Hugo,

> Thanks! It worked with:
> ./configure.developer --bundled-libraries=ldb,popt
>
> I'll report any problems with actual execution if I find them.
Good, well obviously there is a bug in the way we discover or use popt
in freebsd, as I'm pretty sure that it's bundled with popt.

Can you rerun configure _without_  the popt (so that the build system
will try to use the system lib) and run with make V=1 so that I can see
what is the compilation command line and try to fix it if obvious.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org