Unable to get Samba 4 to pass make quicktest or make test

Preston Kutzner shizzlecash at gmail.com
Tue May 17 19:55:17 MDT 2011

Hello list,

I've been trying to get Samba 4 installed and have been following the
wiki/HOWTO.  I'm currently at Step 2 in the process, after having pulled the
current version of the samba-master git branch and running through the
./configure.developer and make steps.  However, when I go to run the
quicktest (or the full test suite for that matter), I am unable to get a
successful set of tests.  I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04.2 (LTS) and have installed the development packages
listed in the howto.  I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on
the problem.  I have posted the output of st/summary to pastebin here:
http://pastebin.com/XvXpqMfh (it's the output of the full test suite).  I'm
stumped as to why it is failing to pass all the tests.