<AD join failed>Samba not able to join AD-Domain in Pure IPv6

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Tue May 17 02:15:03 MDT 2011

On 2011-05-16 08:44, okmanoj wrote:

Hi Manoj,

> While testing samba, I found my samba client (3.5.8, 3.3.15) not able to
> join windows 2008 server if Only IPv6 address are enabled on server (IPv4
> address is disabled from "Local Area Connection property").

I've got the feeling that used to work at some point, but I can't get it
to work for me right now, either.

> I hope this is not new issue, however while debugging  this issue i found in
> many place samba is considering only IPv4 address (not IPv6) for example
> lib/util_sock.c (open_udp_socket(), interpret_addr())

Huh? Not on my copy of v3-5-test, which shouldn't be too different from
3.5.8. Not sure about 3.3.15, but that's in security fixes only mode, so
I wouldn't hold my breath for that one being fixed.

> Currently I am try to debug this issue, meanwhile If samba members can help
> me identifying any setting required for this issue it will be great and save
> re-work.

As far as I could see, this is caused by the resolver failing to ask for
AAAA records, getting a funny reply by the windows DNS server. I've yet
to find the piece of code responsible, though.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin