[Samba] regpatch writing to local registry hive with -F not working (registery-utils 4.0.0~alpha15~git20110124.dfsg1-2ubuntu1)

denis bonnenfant denis.bonnenfant at diderot.org
Sun May 15 02:26:52 MDT 2011

Le dimanche 15 mai 2011 à 00:28 +0200, Michael Wood a écrit :
> On 14 May 2011 22:09, Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 14 May 2011 19:53, RiCH <rich at richud.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,

Hi,

Two years ago, I worked a bit on this. There was a lot of things to be
done for full support of regf files patching . My patches mostly worked,
but I never submitted it because I finally decided to generate .pol
files with a small python script and appmently it on client side instead
of patching regf files server-side.

So I'm going to resurrect my old sources, rebase it on current git, and
hope it helps... As far as I remember, there was some problems with regf
format writing, and the registry files generated were sometimes
corrupted. Investigating it may be quite difficult, as regf format is
not simple and badly documented. But maybe some work was already done
yet ?

Denis