samba4_LDAP_Backend_problem_with_provisioning_on_fedora

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Sun May 8 15:07:52 MDT 2011

Hi

You should not contact me directly, because if there's a problem with
the tar ball, I won't be able to fix it.  The people on the list will
be able to, although many of them will be at a conference for part of
this week.  I have copied my reply to the samba-technical mailing
list.

On 8 May 2011 20:18, Noorul-Amin Zaki <inf1685 at fh-worms.de> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i saw at this link
> http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/WEFLnFoDWBp9LKkwhgzo
> that you had the same problem:

No, I did not have the problem.  I attempted to help the person who
had the same problem.

> Administrator password will be set randomly!
> bin/python/samba/../../../setup/../../examples/LDAP/samba.schema: No
> such
> file or directory
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "setup/provision", line 222, in <module>
>    nosync=opts.nosync,ldap_dryrun_mode=opts.ldap_dryrun_mode)
>  File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 1167, in provision
>    setup_ds_path=setup_ds_path)
>  File "bin/python/samba/provisionbackend.py", line 579, in __init__
>    raise Exception("Unable to convert Samba 3 schema.")
> Exception: Unable to convert Samba 3 schema.
>
> Could you please say what exactly i have to do? I had searched for the
> samba.schema but didn't find it and also had downloaded the samba-doc, but
> there isn't any samba-schema.

You can find the files here.  I do not know why they are not included
in the tar ball, though:

http://ftp.samba.org/pub/unpacked/samba_4_0_test/examples/LDAP/

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>