Samba3 on OpenIndiana (patch attached)

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Fri May 6 17:58:56 MDT 2011

> Ok, I checked in something close - but had to comment
> out the definitions of gss_mech_krb5 you added to
> auth/kerberos/gssapi_pac.c as the #ifdef test you
> added #ifndef HAVE_GSS_MECH_KRB5 wasn't defined
> in the configure.in tests or the waf build.

Ah, thanks for reminding me about that one. The XXX mark
I left there means I had a question.  I think we need to add an
autoconf test that will define HAVE_GSS_MECH_KRB5 on
_other_ platforms (that will _not_ be found on OpenIndiana).
So I'm not sure what's the right autoconf test to do that.
What library exports that symbol on Linux?

I'm guessing it might look similar to this existing AC test:
  # Heimdal checks. On static Heimdal gssapi must be linked before krb5.
  AC_CHECK_LIB_EXT(gssapi, KRB5_LIBS, gss_display_status,[],[],have_gssapi=yes)

Maybe right after the above, something like this?
  AC_CHECK_LIB_EXT(gssapi, KRB5_LIBS, gss_mech_krb5)

Thanks for taking a look.
Gordon