<netAPI> [Guenther-sir] NetShareAdd not working samba 3.5.8

okmanoj at indiatimes.com okmanoj at indiatimes.com
Wed May 4 20:51:55 MDT 2011

Dear Motonobu-San,

Thank you very much for your information share, I understood the concept and usage now.

I have modified my application now and able to perform all Fileshare operation smoothly.

I have one more query related to libNetAPI in the same test application.

While modifying same sample application using libnetAPI I am able to successfully join Test Device to win2k8r2 server.

I am using below parameter for joining

NetJoinDomain ("MANOJTESTAPI"     /*Name of my device to join*/,
               "2k8"              /*Domain Name of the server to join*/,
               "CN=Computers,DC=2k8,DC=ms,DC=local"       /*account OU of the 2k8r2 server*/,
               "username"         /*Admin username of the server account*/,
               "password"         /*password of the above username*/,
                NETSETUP_ACCT_CREATE |NETSETUP_JOIN_DOMAIN /*flags for join*/)

With above parameter I am able to join successfully, also I am able to see my device account in domain server under "CN=Computers,DC=2k8,DC=ms,DC=local".

Now I want to un-join my device form win2k8servr and delete my account i am using below API format

NetUnjoinDomain ("MANOJTESTAPI"     /*Name of my device to join*/,
               "username"         /*Admin username of the server account*/,
               "password"         /*password of the above username*/,
                NETSETUP_ACCT_DELETE |NETSETUP_JOIN_DOMAIN /*flags for un-join*/)

But with this I am not able to delete the account in server. I am getting error "failed to disable machine account via rpc: No such domain"

Please suggest If I am doing anything wrong in un-join Process. I have also attached samba debug 100 logs

I have attached samba logs in
http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/attachment/3472636/0/SambaLogs.zip?by-user=t

Please let me know if this issue need more info.

Regards
Manoj