samba4, samba-tool command

Theresa Halloran thallora at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed May 4 09:06:59 MDT 2011

On 5/3/2011 10:56 AM, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> Should password be a thing on its own ("samba-tool password set"),
> rather than having it under user ("samba-tool user setpassword')? I'm
> not sure either way. "samba-tool password" probably has more going for
> it historically, but I think as a new user I would look under user.
Interesting.....I hadn't thought of user being the object of a password
change / set.
I thought of it as the password itself being the "object".

That is something I will definitely think about......makes sense
especially in the case
of an administrator setting a user's password (vs. a user resetting
their own password).

Theresa