samba4, samba-tool command

Pavel Herrmann morpheus.ibis at gmail.com
Tue May 3 00:52:11 MDT 2011

Hi

I am in no way an expert, but from your comments in the second table i figured
you might be confused about some things, so here is my explanation/hint

join command - the type of object being joined depends on the mandatory
parameter, "member" means machine, "(RO)DC" means (read only) domain controler
(server) - this parameter/switch needs to be present in your new syntax

fsmo is "flexible single master operation", a nice name for a task/role that
can be handled by only one server at a time for consistency (as opposed to
most AD interaction) - for instance assignig RID (resource ID) ranges to
servers, manipulationg database schema etc. just for completness, transfer
means "request the role from current owner", seize means "take the role by
force, current master is dead", show is self-explanatory
synatactically, fsmo would fit into your "object" category quite well IMHO.

hope this helps someone

Pavel Herrmann