reg_import_callback_setval_blob_t undefined

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon May 2 18:29:41 MDT 2011

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 05:18:03PM -0700, Herb Lewis wrote:
> BTW this is running with -Wmissing-declarations and gcc 2.95.3 on
> freebsd 4.6.2 that I see these errors. And they are indeed errors
> because the declarations do not exist
>
> Herb Lewis wrote:
> >I am having trouble compiling samba 3.6 because
> >source3/utils/net_rpc_registry.c
> >function rpc_registry_import_internal tries to initialize a struct
> >that contains
> >an element of type reg_import_callback_setval_blob_t but I cannot
> >find that type
> >defined anywhere in master or 3.6. Some systems don't seem to care
> >that it is
> >not defined but my freebsd 4.6.2 compiler complains.

Using "git grep reg_import_callback_setval_blob_t"
from the toplevel directory in v3-6-test returns :

source3/registry/reg_import.h:typedef   WERROR (*reg_import_callback_setval_blob_t)(void* private_data,

which is:

typedef WERROR (*reg_import_callback_setval_blob_t)(void* private_data,
                                                  void* parent,
                                                  const char* name,
                                                  uint32_t type,
                                                  const uint8_t* data,
                                                  uint32_t size);

So it should *is* defined. Maybe a missing #include ?

(git grep is a wonderful command :-).

Jeremy