Samba4 - One to One NAT

Kenny modeltwelve at allmanbash.com
Thu Mar 31 14:07:52 MDT 2011

First ... let me clarify that I'm not the brightest bulb and I'm abit
concerned posting a question considering the company kept in this group
... but ... I've been beating on this for days without resolution.

So I've decided to simply ask a general question that I'm hopeful will
have a simple answer rather that be positive or negative.

I originally setup a test Samba4 server and after abit of fiddling got a
WinXP machine to successfully join ... hooray!

Next ... I took that new found knowledge and decided to try and setup a
server on Amazon as a micro instance which is another topic that I'm
only partially knowledgeable of ...

So ... with two strikes against me and following the wiki once again I
have everything working and happy from the instance itself.

I had to hack around abit to get the zone file to use the public IP
which I suppose is one to one NAT'd to the private IP but I got'er done
and all the tests in the wiki seem to pass into incident.

Then I try to join my test XP box ...

It can see the server and asks for credentials to join but gives me an
error:

"The network path was not found."

Now after all that rambling ... should it even be possible to expect
this to work?

--
Kenny