Configure warning with sys/mode.h on Irix

samba.to.nestolea at spamgourmet.com samba.to.nestolea at spamgourmet.com
Thu Mar 31 06:16:16 MDT 2011

Hi Samba developers,

I am compiling Samba 3.5.8 on Irix 6.5.28 using gcc 3.4.6 .

With  configure  I get the following warning:

[...]
checking sys/mode.h usability... no
checking sys/mode.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: sys/mode.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/mode.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/mode.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sys/mode.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sys/mode.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: sys/mode.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to samba-technical at samba.org ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------------- ##
checking for sys/mode.h... yes
checking sys/filio.h usability... yes
[...]

I do not fully understand the reason for this warning. But since it
states to report the message here, this is what I'm doing now.   :-)

I am willing to support you with further information, if required. Just
let me know.

Best regards,
Frank Morawietz
Frank Morawietz
IT Systems Administrator
This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted therewith.

Click http://disclaimer.merck.de to access the German, French, Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.