ERROR(ldb): Failed to create user

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Wed Mar 30 01:08:00 MDT 2011

On 30/03/2011 10:25, Rohit Rajan wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I'm facing once again the similar issue, which was with my provision
> in September 2010 i tried the approach which i used the last but
> that's not helping the error remain
>
> i'm using
>
> CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
> Python 2.4.3
> Version 4.0.0alpha15-GIT-a414356
I can't find this git revision in my git tree.

> samba-tool newuser rororo
> New Password:
> ERROR(ldb): Failed to create user "rororo" -
> ../source4/lib/ldb/ldb_tdb/ldb_index.c:1189: Failed to re-index
> objectSid in CN=rororo,CN=Users,DC=XXX,DC=com -
> ../source4/lib/ldb/ldb_tdb/ldb_index.c:1121: unique index violation on
> objectSid in CN=rororo,CN=Users,DC=XXX,DC=com

Try this: ldbsearch -H private/sam.ldb.d/DC\=XXX\,DC\=COM.ldb -o
modules: | grep dn  | grep SID  | sort | uniq -d

Give us the output.

Also this:
* ldbsearch -H private/sam.ldb '(nextrid=*)' nextrid
* ldbsearch -H private/sam.ldb '(ridnextrid=*)' ridnextrid

As a side note I'm just wondering what you are doing with your samba4,
have you got a (very) old version ? Normally if you interact nicely with
it such kind of corruption should not appear, I'm using samba4
intensively in production and never faced this, I just had problem when
I edited ldb files out of the control of LDB modules.

Matthieu.