quota configure checks?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Mar 24 20:16:51 MDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 17:53 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Right now master can't compile quotas on Linux. Our tests
> try to compile lib/sysquotas_xx.c unmodified. This fails
> because at that stage we don't have gen_ndr/lsa.h for
> example, which is included via quite some include nesting.

What is the include chain?

Is there a level we can break that nesting?  I've seen gd do a lot of
work to split up includes.h, and perhaps we can include one of these
directly where it's needed, so as to bring it back out of includes.h?

> I tried for a while to make the sysquota file compile
> without includes.h, but these files have all sorts of nasty
> dependencies.
>
> I don't see any solution in waf, but this might be due to my
> missing understanding of waf.

I'm pretty sure that it would be possible for waf build the IDL before
the configure test, but I'll defer to tridge on the exact details.

Breaking up the includes.h is a goal anyway, so would be my preferred
solution.

> Can we check in the generated parsing code again to make
> this work again?

It would be better to put pidl in the autogen.sh rather than checking it
in, but I think we can come up with better solutions than that.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.