Samba-3.3.8 server fails to authenticate a Windows client (when it uses "NTLMv2 Only")

Narendra Kumar S.S ssnkumar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 05:15:21 MDT 2011

I don't see any rpm's of these revisions pre-built for CentOS.

And I was using smb_arc4_init() and smb_arc4_crypt() functions to do the
AUTH_CRAP from my program which contacts the winbind.
But, I see that this is not used in the later revisions of samba.
I am trying to understand the arcfour_init() and the other related
functions.

When I used the arcfour_init() and arcfour_crypt_sbox() in place of
smb_arc4_init() and smb_arc4_crypt() respectively, the AUTH_CRAP fails.
So, is it ok to just replace the old calls with the new calls or do I need
to make some more changes?

Warm Regards,
Narendra

Visit my blogs at: