I need help with samba4, when started on boot by cron

timnboys timnboys at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 14:29:50 MDT 2011

I want to start samba4 on boot, so I thought I could run samba4 by cron, but
when I try to run samba4 by cron it gives me this error message(and quits):

"samba: EOF on stdin - terminating"

and I was wondering if someone could please help me with this problem, I
created the cron job by webmin, and I need help with it, here is the command
I used to create the cron job on webmin: /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba -i -M
single -d 20 >>/var/log/samba4_log_onstartup.log

I have also attached the log file in the command listed
above(samba4_log_onstartup.log)

http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/file/n3394676/samba4_log_onstartup.log
samba4_log_onstartup.log