How to get the "Signing Session Key" using "User Session Key" for NTLMv2?

Narendra Kumar S.S ssnkumar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 06:22:29 MDT 2011

Hi,

      I am trying to write some functionality of SMB server.
      From my code, I am sending a AUTH_CRAP message to winbindd daemon.
      That is successful and sending back the response.
      In this response, I have the user session key.

      Now, I have to use this to find the "Signing Session Key".
      I am doing hmac_md5 twice on this "User Session Key".
      But, the result that I am getting is wrong.

      So, can somebody tell me, the correct way to calculate "Signing
Session Key" from "User Session Key" given out by winbindd?

Warm Regards,
Narendra

Visit my blogs at:
http://ssnarendrakumar.blogspot.com/