[Samba] [Announce] Samba 3.5.7, 3.4.12 and 3.3.15 Security Releases Available

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Fri Mar 18 00:06:50 MDT 2011

Quoting Eckert, Robert D (eckert at indiana.edu):
> Greetings,
>
> Can I go directly from 3.4.7 to the new 3.5.8 without installing
> any intermediate versions? Or is there a different route I should
> follow?

You certainly can upgrade from 3.4.7 to 3.5.8. As usual with Samba,
it's very hard to say whether you'll experience behavioral changes or
not (I prefer using this than "regressions"), because local setups may
vary strongly (and, very often, some setups exist to circumvent past
samba bugs....and, somtimes, the upgrade may "break" them in
apparence).

So, I would say: as always in such case, some care has to be taken if
your samba setup is critical but that's anyway good practice in IT,
isn't it? :-)