samba4, cannot able to login

chinni naveenkiitr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 07:10:34 MST 2011

Hi,

      I installed samba4-alpha14 . I joined to the domain as a MEMBER. Now
when Iam going to access the files in the local machine , Iam getting the
following error. client and samba4 server are on the same machine. the
machine is joined to the domain (W2k3 server + AD).

 ./smbclient //my-ip/netlogon -Uabc  (abc is a user in a domain)
   Error was NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

from the samba interactive model I see

Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60088215
Got user=[abc] domain=[MYDOMAIN] workstation=[HOSTNAME] len1=24 len2=158
auth_check_password_send: Checking password for unmapped user
[MYDOMAIN]\[abc]@[HOSTNAME]
auth_check_password_send: mapped user is: [MYDOMAIN]\[abc]@[HOSTNAME]
sam_search_user: Couldn't find user [abc] in samdb, under DC=mydomain,DC=com
auth_check_password_recv: sam_ignoredomain authentication for user
[MYDOMAIN\abc] FAILED with error NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER
SPNEGO login failed: NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER

Even though password is correct.

after joining , ./wbinfo -t , wbinfo -u, wbinfo -g works as expected.

Can you please help me where Iam going wrong.

my smb.conf looks like this:

   server role = domain controller
    workgroup = MYDOMAIN
    realm = mydomain.com
    netbios name = local_machine_host_name
    password server = FQDN

and when i access the share using domain administrator I get the error as :

Connection to \\local_machine_ip\NavShare failed - NT_STATUS_NOT_IMPLEMENTED

from samba interactive mode i see

ipv4:local_machine_ip:43695 closed connection to service NavShare

please help me.