Samba 4 alpha 15 dumps when trying to specify encoding.

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu Mar 10 04:25:05 MST 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 11:37 +0300, Молодцов Юрий wrote:
> system: FreeBSD 7.3-RELEASE GENERIC  i386
> samba: Version version 4.0.0alpha15-GIT-494aed5
> DNS: bind 9.8
> kerberos: embedded freebsd kerberos
>
> AD# cat /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>         server role = domain controller
>         workgroup = NAPOLEON
>         realm = napoleon.local
>         netbios name = AD
>         posix:eadb = /usr/local/samba/private/eadb.tdb
>         dos charset = CP866
>         unix charset = KOI8-R
>         display charset = KOI8-R
Setting "unix charset" to anything other than UTF-8 is very likely
broken at the moment. We don't really have tests for operating with
non-UTF8, and there are a couple of places where data that is guaranteed
to be in UTF-8 is not converted back to the unix charset and vice versa.

For the moment we should probably at least print a warning if the unix
charset is specified by the user.

Cheers,

Jelmer