NTSTATUS trick for NTTIME?

Wed Mar 9 06:57:38 MST 2011

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 02:46:56PM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> I give you the scale: It's going to be large and intrusive,
> touching code all over the place. SAMR, NETLOGON, and the
> file server at least.

git grep NTTIME | wc -l gives 756 hits. I don't think it is
reasonable to ask for a patchset converting all of those
before it is even being reviewed. The review will just not
be possible in a large lump. That's why I am proposing to do
it in an incremental fashion, keeping the old and new code
co-exist next to each other.

You reaction shows me that this conflicts with source4 and
common code coding standards. So would it be okay for you to
experiment with that approach in source3 only? This way I
will not step on your toes. If it turns out to be worthwile,
it can be moved later. If we hit major blocks, none of your
code will have been affected.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9