NTSTATUS trick for NTTIME?

Wed Mar 9 02:02:30 MST 2011

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 06:58:25PM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> I should clarify my position on this, so you may make proposals here
> under an easier light.  I would be very happy to consider patches to
> Samba4 that introduce the correct hooks for talloc_tos() in the event
> loop and libraries, including at the library interfaces that OpenChange
> uses.  I've not had the time or interest to take on this challenge at
> the moment, and so some small instances of talloc_tos() use have been
> re-factored out of code that is made it common, as that has been the
> smaller task at the time.

Before doing that again, please consider putting in
talloc_tos() into S4 or just not merge the pieces of code in
S3 that currently use it.

> I think we need to, and in the interests of our users must, do better
> than simple co-existence.

I am 100% with you, but at this point we have different
coding conventions. And to get a working product out there
as quickly as possible, we need to just live with the fact
that we have two separate code bases. Merging stuff is hard,
arduous work that can proceed independently of actual
release schedules given that we have cooperating daemons
right now.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9