NTSTATUS trick for NTTIME?

Tue Mar 8 01:29:01 MST 2011

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 07:28:31AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> It would be good to understand exactly how big a change this would be,
> and how many bugs we have had in this area in the past.  The NTSTATUS
> trick is quite disruptive to the code - but was the right thing to do at
> the time when NTSTATUS was new and this bug occurred often.

The last one was for example Bug 7066, fixed with c6b5136.
My problem is that I don't dare touching the passdb
interface to change it to NTTIME without this protection.
Others are much more careful than I am, so for others this
is not a problem. We can certainly leave the pdb interface
at unix times forever, we have lived with it for quite a
while. And, this will be mainly a Samba3 issue that can be
done step by step. Samba4 does not have to adopt this.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9