Samba: Random disconnects

Volker Lendecke Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE
Mon Mar 7 08:52:01 MST 2011

On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 07:38:24AM -0800, mapsegarra wrote:
> After searching, digging and testing I have no more ideas to try. I explain:
> I'm trying to setup a small local File Server (Ubuntu Server 10.04 and Samba
> 3.4.7) After looking at the forums about the configurations of Samba and
> Windows I managed to get all the network running at 99%. The remaining 1% is
> that the connection to Samba from Windows 7 is performed intermittently.
> XP pcs have no problem accessing, mount drives, read and write to the Samba
> server. It seemed that Windows 7, after edit various, either. But after a
> few minutes (sometimes seconds) Windows 7 is no access to the server more,
> and after a few minutes reconnects.
> The access is done with user authentication and permissions are handled in
> Ubuntu
> I record some traffic with Wireshark, but I'm not have enogh level to draw
> conclusions.

The attached patch should be worth a try. In case you have
problems compiling a Samba version with that patch, you
might want to contact Canonical or someone from to assist you.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

SerNet GmbH, Bahnhofsallee 1b, 37081 Göttingen
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
AG Göttingen, HRB 2816, GF: Dr. Johannes Loxen

More information about the samba-technical mailing list