Group Policy IPv6 FYI

Aaron E. ssureshot at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 09:38:30 MST 2011

Actually I was wrong... If I open group policy on one server it seems to
lock up the policy and I can then no longer edit it from another server
using the group policy editer.. The following error is what I recieve
when I try to gpupdate /force

This will rotate servers.. It seems to be whatever server access's the
policy first locks it.. Anyone see this?

samba4 alpha14
windows 2008 temrinal server

Updating Policy...

User policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were
encount
ered:

The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the
file
\\example.com\sysvol\example.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F
9}\gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful. Group Policy
setting
s may not be applied until this event is resolved. This issue may be
transient a
nd could be caused by one or more of the following:
a) Name Resolution/Network Connectivity to the current domain controller.
b) File Replication Service Latency (a file created on another domain
controller
  has not replicated to the current domain controller).
c) The Distributed File System (DFS) client has been disabled.
Computer policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors
were enc
ountered:

The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the
file
\\example.com\sysvol\example.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F
9}\gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful. Group Policy
setting
s may not be applied until this event is resolved. This issue may be
transient a
nd could be caused by one or more of the following:
a) Name Resolution/Network Connectivity to the current domain controller.
b) File Replication Service Latency (a file created on another domain
controller
  has not replicated to the current domain controller).
c) The Distributed File System (DFS) client has been disabled.

To diagnose the failure, review the event log or invoke gpmc.msc to
access infor
mation about Group Policy results.