Unable to delete files from samba share (Windows XP x64 SP2)

okmanoj at indiatimes.com okmanoj at indiatimes.com
Thu Mar 3 21:57:26 MST 2011

Dear Samba-Team,

While using samba 3.3.13/14/15 with Windows XPx64 SP2, I found sometime i am not able to delete samba files.

Procedure
1. copy 10 files in samba share.
2. open and close files one by one.
3. after #3 delete closed files

Phenomenon
Some times files are not deleted from samba share when using Windows XP x64
SP2 (XP x86 (SP3) reproducibility is less (but reproducible)).

Recovery Method (But Not important)
If i erase the content of locking.tdb using tdbtool (without deleting
locking.tdb) then i am able to delete the file.

I am getting NT_STATUS_DELETE_PENDING error in network capture when this problem is reproducible.

Environment

Samba 3.3.14 running on Linux FC10
Client PC where File-share has been opened is Windows XP x64 SP2
reproducibility 4/10