not returning the partition control in ldb

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Wed Mar 2 15:30:02 MST 2011

ekacnet,

Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Why not put a top level module just before resolveoid to clean this ?
> As it is the last module it should cause any harm no ?

I think we will need to discuss the efficiency - a module only for
deleting a control is from my point of view ridiculous.
I also agree with abartlet that it would be much better to analyse the
uses of this control and possibly filter it out in "repl_meta_data". We
will really need to always keep track where controls are used and where
not since otherwise we land in a complete disaster with a huge amount of
LDB modules and layers full of hacks.

Cheers,
Matthias