not returning the partition control in ldb

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Mar 2 13:48:31 MST 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-27 at 12:31 +0300, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
>
> we talk already about the partition control that for the moment is
> returned when doing ldb calls directly (either with ldb_* or in python).
> What would you think of a top level module that would sit before
> "resolveoid" that will clean this control just before sending the answer ?

I'm happy for repl_meta_data to somehow clean the control from the
response, as long as doing that doesn't break other things - on the
input side, we found that removing controls that we thought were 'done'
caused trouble, and so we started to mark them non-critical.

I know the situation isn't ideal, and has been hidden because of the
fact that the control can't be encoded over LDAP, so dealing with this
has been put off, but I'm just cautious that we got into trouble when we
previously removed things from the controls array.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.