[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 09:09:25 MST 2011

On 1 March 2011 14:55, simo <idra at samba.org> wrote:
[...]
> If you want to see this patch in a slightly better form you can use a
> command like this:
> git showh -M -C --patience 5f5ca913b7abfcf95782339fac2dc8c1541b1126
>
> With this one git is told to detect the rename and does show only the
> differences.
>
> you can use the same arguments for generating better patches when you
> want to send them around for review, like this:
>  git format-patch -M -C --patience --full-index -1
> 5f5ca913b7abfcf95782339fac2dc8c1541b1126

I believe that if you use "-C" you do not also need to use "-M".  "-C"
does both copies and moves, whereas, "-M" just does moves.

There is also --find-copies-harder, but there's a warning attached to
that: "This is a very expensive operation for large projects, so use
it with caution."

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>