Can i set samba4 LDB as a samba3 ldap backend

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jun 30 00:06:12 MDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-03-12 at 21:53 +0330, hesam mohamadian wrote:
> hello , Can I Save All Of my users and password in samba4 LDB and for
> Sharing set in Samba3 use smaba4 LDB as a Ldap Backend . i want map my user
> home folder on their client whether their Machine is Join Or Not Joined
> After User enter the correct username and password that is saved in samba4
> LDB ?

The traditional way is to run Samba 4.0 alpha as a DC using the 'Samba4'
instructions as normal (eg the samba binary), and then run on another
network interface or machine the Samba3 binaries (smbd, nmbd, winbindd)
joined to that Samba 4.0 alpha domain.

We hope to have a more integrated system for this in the near future,
for a 4.0 release.