Samba on RHEL 5.4 opens read only msoffice docs

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 10:35:58 MDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Inderpal Singh BAWA
<inderpal.bawa at st.com> wrote:
> Hi! Richard
>
> Thanks for ur mail but we are not using GPFS cluster these are just NFS shares for sharing unix data on windows desktops.

When I was looking into this issue it was due to Samba falling back to
using permissions to encode RO ...

If the owner does not have W permissions, I seem to recall, then Samba
returns the RO attribute ...

Check the permissions. You can use one of the force parameters to deal with this

BTW, this should not be on samba-technical :-)

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe