problem mapping network drive

Gianni L slowsin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 11:05:47 MDT 2011

Hello,
first I think it's the wrong list here, you should post at samba and
not tecnical..
but anyway, if you didn't wrote anything wrong on this message then
you're mapping command tries effectively to map the wrong share:

this is you share definition:
> [share]
> path = /home/test1
> valid users = test1
> read only = no
> guest ok = yes

and this your mapping command:
> C:> net use m: \\123.456.78.90\test1

should be:

> C:> net use m: \\123.456.78.90\share
( [share] -> share is the name of the share)

greets
G.

--
.. Gianni .. L