[ANNOUNCE] Samba 4.0 alpha 16

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jun 26 23:27:21 MDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 16:34 +0200, Michael Wood wrote:
> On 24 June 2011 15:32, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> >> Andrew, pay attention, please:
> >>
> >> "Previous releases" and "Upcoming releases" chapters in Samba4 wiki page (
> >> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4#Previous_releases) points to the last
> >> shipped release 4.0.0alpha14 and upcoming release 4.0.0alpha15, meantime
> >> 4.0.0alpha16 was shipped today.
> >>
> >> Are you interested to fix this?
> >
> > Anyone with wiki access is free to fix this, otherwise I'll get to it early next week.
>
> I've fixed the alpha 15 page to be named the same as the others and to
> look like the alpha 14 page.  I added a similar page for alpha 16 and
> moved both alpha 15 and 16 into the "Previous Releases" section.  Not
> sure what the "upcoming releases" are going to be, so I've left that
> empty for now.

There will almost certainly be an alpha17, because there were two key
features (samba-tool dbcheck and the psudobacklinks) that didn't make
the alpha16 release, plus of course normal development in the next few
weeks.

We hope to get the next release out in 'a few weeks' once these features
are bedded down.

After that, I need to sync up with Karolin about how and when to change
to 'pre' releases, and confirm with the rest of the team that we are
ready to bless the next major release as 4.0 (which will depend on the
progress of the integration work).