bind dlz dlopen and dnsRecord dnsProperty encodings

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jun 26 16:19:31 MDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-06-26 at 23:01 +0200, Gémes Géza wrote:
> >> On 2011-06-25 21:43, Gémes Géza wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Gémés,

> >> This has been on my todo list for quite a while now, but I didn't get
> >> around to do this yet. :(
> >>
> >> What needs to happen for this is to extend the provision script by
> >> filling in the respective records using the DNSP python wrapper to
> >> create the records and then storing them in LDB.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Kai
> >>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry but by DNSP do you mean the dnspython (http://www.dnspython.org/)
> > project?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Geza
> Hi,
>
> First forget my previous e-mail :-(.
> After some search I've found dnsp.h and and dnsp.idl and I've started to
> understand the structure of dns records, but you were writing about some
> python bindings, is that somewhere available, or it needs to be written?

All structures described in IDL can be manipulated as python objects,
and can be written out to linearised form with samba.ndr.ndr_pack()

source4/scripting/python/samba/provision/__init__.py:866 has a good
example of how to manually build a record and add it to the database.
Don't follow the pattern of using LDIF templates for this.