question about privileges

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sun Jun 26 16:11:45 MDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 09:29:30PM -0700, Herb Lewis wrote:
> This happens when using the subinacl program to try to delete an acl on
> a file.

Hmmm. Don't know subinacl program. Must be wanting to edit
system (audit) ACL entries. In that case just like in Windows
it will need the system privilege to edit the ACL. The
standard Windows ACL editor doesn't need this unless you
add an audit ACE (which we will store, but not yet evaluate
on open - that's code we could do with adding :-).

Jeremy.