bind dlz dlopen and dnsRecord dnsProperty encodings

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.hu
Sat Jun 25 13:43:13 MDT 2011

Hi,

I was trying to modify the provision script to create the dns
configuration in the AD. This way using bind 9.8.0-P2 (configured
--with-dlz-dlopen) could be in theory in par with a win AD+DNS server
configuration-wise. If I create a domain using a win DC ad join samba4
to it, bind is picking up the records, and I can successfully query it
for records, or transfer  the whole zone (although even after adding it
as an NS record to every container (where there was an NS record for the
win DNS server) it considers itself non-authoritative for the domain).
My problem is that to be able to provision a samba4 AD domain I must
know how to convert the DNS information to the binary format used by AD.

Thanks for any idea/information/pointer

Cheers

Geza