s3-talloc Change TALLOC_ZERO_P() to talloc_zero()

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Thu Jun 23 13:57:37 MDT 2011

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 09:39:40PM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> > > Ok, I'll start doing it as a background hobby :-).
> >
> > Question -- why??
> >
> > I mean, True/TRUE/true, that's kindof ugly. But it does not
> > change anything functional-wise. It just clutters git blame.
>
> For the same reason your hobby is cleaning up non-blank lines :-).

Volker might argue that changing annotation of non-empty blank
lines does not really spoil anyone's code ownership. And that
git even has logic for ignoring whitespace-only changes in blame
detection. But on the other hand side, the change of True->true
and so on is a process of unification that does more than just
cosmetic changes. I agree that generally we should be cautious
with changes like these that are not really necessary. Won't
insist, but I would also like to have the uniform bool values.
And what would be a better time than now that so much is changing
through the unifications...

Cheers - Michael