s3-talloc Change TALLOC_ZERO_P() to talloc_zero()

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Thu Jun 23 13:23:46 MDT 2011

Am 23.06.2011 21:15, schrieb Michael Adam:
> Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
>> Am 23.06.2011 18:01, schrieb Jeremy Allison:
>>> At some point I was planning to do a remove of "False", "True" and
>>> fix the compile of everything that breaks (converting to "false" and
>>> "true"). That would be a big change but a very targetted one. Is
>>> that something people would support ?
>>
>> I'd say yes, but not in one single commit.
>
> +1 from me as well.
>
>> It's also possible to do one subdir per day or so,
>> that would also make possible conflicts easier to resolve for others.
>> And it makes cherry picking for backports much easier.
>
> +1 on the procedure.
>
> This backs up the arguments I gave earlier in this thread - Thanks!
>
> I don't know it it is asking for too much to do it one file per
> commit? That'd mean (according to "git grep -l True  | grep \\\.c | wc -l"
> and so on) some 300 commits for True and False each.
>
> By the way, there are also still occurrences of TRUE and FALSE.

But not in main Samba code. We have
#define TRUE __ERROR__XX__DONT_USE_TRUE
#define FALSE __ERROR__XX__DONT_USE_FALSE

I think we should add this for True and False later.

Jeremy, please also make sure you only touch files controlled by us.

source4/heimdal, lib/popt, lib/iniparser and others, which we imported
should not be changed.

metze