Samba 4 Deployment Guide

Lukasz Zalewski lukas at eecs.qmul.ac.uk
Mon Jun 20 08:48:10 MDT 2011

On 20/06/11 14:21, Michael Wood wrote:
> On 20 June 2011 12:44, Matthieu Patou<mat at samba.org>  wrote:

>>> It would be good however with a guide to migrating from something like
>>> a OpenLDAP+Heimdal or MIT KDC to Samba4 and keep as much data as
>>> possible.
>>
>> There is something called myldap-pub.py, it needs some polish before being
>> integrated.
>> Patches are welcomed !
>
> Is it in a public repository somewhere?
>
>  From my point of view it seems the main thing it needs is a new name.
> Is there anything else stopping it from being added to the Samba
> repository?  (Yes, I know it needs work, but so do many other things.)

Hi all,
This is a first stab at clean-up of myldap-pub script:
Quoting Andrew:

"... To do that, we do need to clean it up a little.  For example,
import the
constants like ACB_ etc from samba.dcerpc.samr, and the others from
samba.dsdb.

I would also like the dump() function removed (particularly given it is
copied in, and just used in commented out code)."

Hopefully all of the above should be now done - do let me know if that
is the case :)

Regards

Luk