Samba4 replication among DCs

Ryan Leimenstoll ryanl1245 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 04:29:29 MDT 2011

Hello all!
I am using on of the latest git pulls of Samba 4, currently Alpha16, and I
cannot get Samba4 to replicate to another domain controller. Perhaps I am
not configuring it correctly, but it throws the following error when I use
the samba-tool drs showrepl command:

ERROR(runtime): DRS connection to server2.samdom.example.com failed -
(-1073741772, 'NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND')

It appears to correctly join to the Samba4 primary Domain Controller,
however no replication takes place and I cannot connect to it via Users and
Computers. (I use the primary adjective just to suggest it is my good
server, not a NT4 domain)

Any ideas?
Ryan Leimenstoll