shadow_copy3? Or replace 2?

Wed Jun 15 05:34:23 MDT 2011

Hi!

Attached find a shadow_copy3 module that is supposed to do
everything shadow_copy2 does. In the last few years, we have
had to fix various issues with the shadow_copy2 code and
believe me, this was not the most pleasant excercise. Thus
I have started from scratch, in particular I've worked
without all the macros. This makes the code a bit larger,
but you have a chance to step through it with a debugger.

What I would like to do is to completely replace
shadow_copy2 with this new code. There is a risk that this
looses functionality or behaves slightly differently, but
all of this should be fixable. Certainly I would rename all
shadow_copy3 artifacts to shadow_copy2 when doing that move.

I really, really want to avoid having to maintain
shadow_copy2 any further.

Comments?

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9