quiet enum warnings

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Tue Jun 14 03:23:57 MDT 2011

On 2011-06-09 19:44, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
>> metze:
> Okay, these are different point of views.
>
> Tridge, what do you think?

I'm not tridge, but I'll toss in my opinion here.

>> I think we should better fix this by adding the missing enum
>> values explicit instead of using a default, as that will make sure
>> we'll get a warning again if someone adds a new value.

I agree with metze. The "unhandled value in enum" warnings triggered by
the winbind commands enum make a great todo list when trying to keep s4
and s3 winbind in sync. If we add a new command, I'd rather get a new
warning than having to dig through code after a mysterious "not
supported" error triggered from a default value at some later stage.

I think that patches to get rid of warnings are worthwhile, but not as a
purpose to itself. That's what makes these patches hard and a lot of work.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin